The March of Remembrance and Hope is a dynamic educational leadership program. Its purpose is to teach students of different religious and ethnic backgrounds about the dangers of intolerance through the study of the Holocaust, and to promote better relations among people of diverse cultures.
MRH 2016: May 16-25
Applications will be available October 2015
PHOTOS FROM MRH 2015
- Monday May 11: Arrival and Travel
- Tuesday May 12: Berlin- Scheunenviertel: Oranienburger Strasse Synagogue, Grosse Hamburger Strasse, Jewish cemetery with grave of Moses Mendelssohn, site of Jewish Home for the Aged, Stolpersteine (Stumbling blocks), “The Missing House” memorial and Otto Weidt Workshop for the Blind, Neue Wache War Memorial, Bebelplatz (site of the infamous 1933 Nazi book burning), Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag, Tiergarten (memorial to gay victims, memorial to Roma and Sinti)
- Wednesday May 13: Berlin - Bayerische Platz, Track 17 (Memorial at Grunewald Train Station, site of deportations 1941-42), Wannsee Haus
- Thursday May 14: Krakow - Kazimierz, Remuh Synagogue and Cemetery, Podgorze
- Friday May 15: Auschwitz I, Birkenau
- Saturday May 16: Plaszow (Krakow), Rabka (site of SS school and mass graves in the forest), Chief Rabbi of Krakow, Paulina Kisielewska Righteous Among the Nations
- Sunday May 17: Warsaw - Okapowa (Gensia Street) Cemetery, Umschlagplatz Heroes Walk, Mila 18, Rapoport Monument at the Museum of the History of Polish Jews
- Monday May 18: Brama Grodka (Grodzka Gate) to Old Lublin, Majdanek
- Tuesday May 19: Makow Mazowiecki, Treblinka
- Wednesday May 20: Departure
*All photos courtesy of Vanessa Tignanelli.
Contact the Canadian Office